Monday, July 03, 2006

last one coming up...

I have just handed in my resignation at work, so I guess this means we are really leaving! I am taking a couple of week's annual leave before Warren heads off which means that next Saturday is my last shift. My decision is a bitter sweet one...I am excited to be starting a new job but I feel really sad about leaving this one. I love working in palliative care and really like the ward I have been a part of for the last 2 years. It can sometimes be a sad place to work, but the team out at Broadmeadows Health Service PCU is a really dynamic one and they do such a fantastic job caring for patients and their families and friends that I feel priveliged to have been associated with them. My philosophy is that you cannot change the fact that if someone is seriously ill they are going to die, but you can change the way they die and change the experience that their loved ones have of the death process. I certainly hope there is a job open to go back to BHS PCU when we finish our contract in Saudi coz it'll be the only place I'll be applying. Keep up the good work guys!

1 Comments:

Blogger scrapadel said...

Jo, if you are down near Broadmeadows, I think your near my sister. She lives in Bundoora, is that near you?

Resigning must be very hard especially when you have grown to love your work and the people you work with.

Just think of your big adventure.

04:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home