
Today is ANZAC Day and strangely enough it always seems to have more signifance the further from Australia I live! It seems fitting that the Aussies should go into 'battle' today for a place in the Cricket World Cup final on such a day...perhaps the Diggers will look down kindly on their countrymen and give them a helping hand. Don't know what happened to the NZ part of ANZAC last night, just didn't have the fighting spirit when they needed it the most. They got a bit of a hiding from the Sri Lankan boys and now find themselves on a plane back home. I haven't had to work nights for nearly 6 weeks and the only 2 that I've had to do was last night and tonight...the very nights the world cup semi finals are on and I miss seeing them both. Bummer! Still I'm off for the final, so am sure to be glued to the box...kids permitting. The Aussie Embassy is having a dawn service today for April 25th and I will miss it this year unfortunately. Have been to a few services over the years there and it is really nice...and they always put on a good brekkie afterwards! The NZ Embassy is having an ANZAC night on Thursday night, so looking forward to partaking of a few cold beverages, catching up with friends and maybe having a game of 2-up...just need a barbie and a few flies and we could imagine we are at home!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home