hit the ground running...
Time has just flown since arriving in Riyadh. I can't believe we have been here over 3 weeks already. The flight over was an experience and one that I do not care to repeat again in a hurry with 2 toddlers in tow. Matthew was great on board the flights...got right into his own personal TV and the Disney Channel, but poor Adam was a bit hysterical during take off, landing and for the time in between the two!
We have all settled into life here pretty well, but the pace has been hectic. Within a few days the kids started at the Multinational School 5 mornings a week and I've started back at full time work with a 3 week orientation to the inner workings of the King Faisal Specialist Hospital nursing department. Lots has changed since we were here before, so plenty to learn and unlearn as I go along. I will start my clinical orientation next week for about 2 weeks and then the 'floaties' come off and I am on my own!
Our nanny, Tess, arrived last week and the boys love her already. They can't wait for her to arrive in the mornings and they fight over who is going to hold her hand on the way to the school bus and who is going to colour with her or play play-do! They listen to her every word when she tells them to do stuff and they have been so well behaved when she is around...I LOVE IT!!! She is a calm and gentle person and we are very happy to have her look after our boys when we are at work.
Socially it is good to see that there is still plenty to do here. For the past few years since September 11th a lot of Westerners left the country and so the social aspect of life declined, but in recent months more and more Westerners have returned which is good to see. The Australian Embassy is hosting an AFL Grand Final evening here next weekend in their 'Coolabah Club' which we have been invited to attend. It'll be a great night out to watch the footy on a big screen and nice to have a bit of contact with home. They are also planning a dinner dance/ball for Melbourne Cup in November, so hopefully we can manage to get our name down for that one too!
We have all settled into life here pretty well, but the pace has been hectic. Within a few days the kids started at the Multinational School 5 mornings a week and I've started back at full time work with a 3 week orientation to the inner workings of the King Faisal Specialist Hospital nursing department. Lots has changed since we were here before, so plenty to learn and unlearn as I go along. I will start my clinical orientation next week for about 2 weeks and then the 'floaties' come off and I am on my own!
Our nanny, Tess, arrived last week and the boys love her already. They can't wait for her to arrive in the mornings and they fight over who is going to hold her hand on the way to the school bus and who is going to colour with her or play play-do! They listen to her every word when she tells them to do stuff and they have been so well behaved when she is around...I LOVE IT!!! She is a calm and gentle person and we are very happy to have her look after our boys when we are at work.
Socially it is good to see that there is still plenty to do here. For the past few years since September 11th a lot of Westerners left the country and so the social aspect of life declined, but in recent months more and more Westerners have returned which is good to see. The Australian Embassy is hosting an AFL Grand Final evening here next weekend in their 'Coolabah Club' which we have been invited to attend. It'll be a great night out to watch the footy on a big screen and nice to have a bit of contact with home. They are also planning a dinner dance/ball for Melbourne Cup in November, so hopefully we can manage to get our name down for that one too!
I've been a bit slack on the computer for the past few weeks...sorry! We only have dial up here (sniff, no broadband) and it is sooooo slow and frustrating. If we can get a connection it keeps dropping out and timing out and I lose everything I have typed. For someone who was on email everyday at home keeping in touch I am having serious withdrawal here, but withdrawal symptoms are better than the frustration of what the above is causing me! I will perservere however and endeavour to post on our blog on a weekly basis from here on in (enshallah anyway!!!)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home